Equipping the saints for the work of ministry; Building up the Body of Christ
The Academy for Parish Leadership is a project of The European Institute of Christian Studies. Through APL, the Convocation seeks to deliver quality education to support lay leaders in all manner of leadership issues.
Previous APL topics:
Church Finance and Governance
The Nuts and Bolts of Financial Management
Management of God's Assets: People, Property, and Treasure
The Theology of Stewardship
Christian Formation / Charter for Lifelong Christian Formation
Our Baptismal Call to Mission
Speaking to a New World: Communications in the 21st Century
Come and Grow: Say "yes" to God's Call to Service
Academy for Parish Leadership 2019
Mark your calendars
"Experiencing the Holy"
Join us 3-5 May, 2019 in Haus Sankt Ulrich in Augsburg, Germany
Leading the discussions will be our guests:
- The Very Rev. Ian S. Markham, PhD., Dean and President of Virginia Theological Seminary
- The Rev. James Barney Hawkins IV, PhD., Vice President for Institutional Advancement and the Arthur Carl Lichtenberger Professor in Pastoral Theology and Continuing Education at Virginia Theological Seminary
The complex question of “Experiencing the Holy” introduces various aspects of Church Going – formation, welcome, music, teaching and spirituality. How often do we take a look at what we are doing in and for the worship service and how we interact with others? How do we enhance worship in our own parishes and missions?
In addition to presentations and full group discussions, we will have
- breakout groups for the same function
- breakout groups from the same parish
- what is it you personally do and why
- finding ways to own, accept and honor those in other groups in their own contexts
Who is invited?
- Worship Committee
- Altar Guild
- Greeters Choir
- Sunday School Teachers
- Anyone interested in the worship service
Licensed Lay Ministry
All baptized persons are called to be ministers, according to their different gifts. This ministry can be exercised in a variety of different ways among the laity and the ordained. Do you feel called to serve God and the Church? Read more here about licensed lay ministry in The Episcopal Church.
Articles About Previous APL Events