Council of Advice Report - February 2021
Council of Advice Report - September 2020
Council of Advice Report - June 2020
Council of Advice Report - January 2020
Council of Advice Report - September 2019
Council of Advice Report - June 2019
Council of Advice Report - January 2019
The Council of Advice is a canonical committee that advises the Bishop in charge
The Convocation's canons call specifically for a “Council of Advice” to be elected at the Convocation's annual Convention. The Council consists of four
The Council of Advice traditionally meets four times a year: winter, spring (early summer), before Convention and immediately after Convention. There may also be telephone conferences between these face-to-face meetings. The meetings take place at various locations within the Convocation.
- to advise and support the Bishop on all important matters of policy.
- to care for the Bishop and hold him accountable for his total health.
- to prepare the annual budget for the Convocation, and oversee expenditures.
- to raise funds.
- to award grants.
- to be the voice and ears of the Convocation.
- to represent the Convocation on the parish level.
- to represent the members of the Convocation in our meetings.
- to pray for the Convocation.
- to seek God's will and mission in all we do.
Although The Convocation is not a diocese, as a practical matter, it does function much like one. The Council
The Council acts:
- to give consent to the election and consecration of Episcopal Bishops
- to certify that candidates have met all canonical requirements for ordination to the diaconate and the priesthood.
- to give permission with the Bishop for congregations to take on debt and sell
- to approve changes to congregational bylaws and statutes.
The Rules of Order of the Council of Advice many be found here
Council of Advice Members
Contact the Council of Advice at:
The Rev. Christopher Easthill
Rector, St. Augustine of Canterbury
Liaison to: Nuremberg, Weimar
Mr. Vincenzo Racana
St. Paul's Within the Walls
Liaison to: Florence, Geneva
Mr. John Adam
St. Augustine of Canterbury
Liaison to: Augsburg, Frankfurt,
Karlsruhe, Safeguarding Officer
Mr. David Case
Church of the Ascension
Liaison to: Wiesbaden, COMC
The Rev. Deacon Richard Cole
Council Member and Secretary of Convention
Deacon, Emmanuel Church
Liaison to: Paris, Rome, Orvieto, COMB
Mrs. Carole Ducastel
All Saints' Church
Liaison to: Charleroi, Namur, and Mons
The Rev. Canon Mary E. Haddad
Liaison to:Clermont-Ferrand, Nice, Waterloo,
Mühlbach, Montpellier, Tblisi, Children & Youth
The Rev. Michael Rusk
Rector, Emmanuel Church
Liaison to Munich, Santa Maria, EICS
|Ex-officio Member of the Council of Advice||Staff Support to Council|
Mr. Denis Le Moullac
Treasurer of the Convocation
Cathedral of the Holy Trinity
Resident in Strasbourg